Anybody got experience with draft hopback?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_shorething

Reaction score
I just read about this process for incorporating some hops right in the line as the beer is on the way to the tap.

I saw a commercial version for sale and it looks like an inline water filter canister.

Has anyone here done this and if so, how do you do it?

How much hops and is it something you change as the keg gets lower or do you just put some in and leave it until the keg is done?

Anyone with experience please let me know, sounds like a cool idea but I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be worth it or it's a PITA.

PITA my opinion. Its called a randal. Foams like a MF and is a waste of hops IMHO. You may like it though! I prefer hops in the keg until it blows.

PITA my opinion. Its called a randal. Foams like a MF and is a waste of hops IMHO. You may like it though! I prefer hops in the keg until it blows.

+1 on the (leaf) hops in the keg til it kicks.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

I'm still new at homebrewing an kegging. The first few recipes have come out very nicely and I didn't want to screw up something that will make people not want to drink my beer. I figured if the hopback didn't work I could adjust it or disconnect it and not ruin a whole keg of beer but I guess I'll try more conventional stuff for a while.

Back