Anybody ferment in your SS pots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redalert

Reaction score
Just thinking about using my 7.5 Gal SS pot for my next fermenter and was wondering if anybody here ever tried it. Carboys are a pain in the ass to clean not to mention top crop.

or conversely, has anyone thought of putting a ring of fire-style burner around the bottom of their SS conical? seems like that should work pretty well if the dump gaskets can withstand boiling wort...that plus a built-in, lift-out mash tun and you have an entire brewery in a single device...

Just thinking about using my 7.5 Gal SS pot for my next fermenter and was wondering if anybody here ever tried it. Carboys are a pain in the ass to clean not to mention top crop.

Never tried it but if you listen to Brewstrong episode on fermentors JZ mentions a brewer he knows that brews award winning beers in his kettle. It's at about the 36 min mark.

GT

yeah a good seal is not required... I cant even get airtight buckets with an airlock here... just a bucket with a decently tight lid

Back