Any vintage beer bottle collectors out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was in Pittsburgh this weekend and went to a swap meet in WV. I found a few people who had a bunch of really old vintage beer bottles. They were from pre-prohibition brewers. All of them folded before 1920. Some were from the 1800s.

There were no labels, but the brewery logo is molded into the glass. Some of the designs are pretty ornate. One boasted about how pure their beer was. It claims that 'no drugs or poison were used to make their beer'. Hmm...kinda makes me wonder what the other breweries were doing back then.

I picked a few up for about $2-$3 per bottle. and have been doing to research on the breweries. They were from WV, OH, and PA. I like collecting stuff like this and I can see this getting out of hand pretty quickly. :D

I'm wondering if anyone else is into these. I'm looking for some good websites for research.

not that old but I have 5 two4's of Canadian Stubbies (circa 1960-1984) that I use to bottle my Brews
boutiqueretro098a.jpg

And 30 "Allen's Beverage" bottles from a Montreal soda and seltzer company (circa 1932-1969) that i'm gonna put some of my more colourful wines in. My bottles look like this one but mine are 1liter and these look like theyre probably smaller.
bouteilles%3D20070.jpg

I used to love it in my youth. Mostly because of the high alcohol content.

We had a college reunion a few years back and I picked up several cases of Brador to surprise my friends.

It didn't taste like I remembered it. :cross:

Back