Any trouble getting beer gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandt9299

Reaction score
My girlfriend is looking at getting me a nitro setup for christmas, stout faucet, regulator and 33 cu. Ft nitrogen tank, I told her to call around the gas suppliers before she did anything, she got mixed reviews, one company told her that a tank that small would be empty very quickly, another told her they could probably do it but had to send it out, does anyone have any experience with this they could pass along. I would like the nitro setup but not if its a hassle. Thanks alot

A beer mix of nitrogen and CO2 comes in the same bottle that straight CO2 does. Straight Nitrogen requires a reverse thread regulator. My welding gas supplier has beer gas and nitrogen. Keep calling around and I'm sure you'll find someone who does it. If that fails talk to the owner or manager of a bar that has guiness on tap to find out where they get their gas.

Beverage factory sells nitro tanks that are reverse thread, I would assume this is the tank you need for beer gas, since the regulator is different too, higher pressure I think.

Back