Any suggestions??? Visiting "the good beer store" in Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim_c7

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello HBT'ers

I will be visiting the area close to The Good Beer Store in Fryeburg, Maine from Canada this weekend. I plan on maxing out my 8.5 liters of tax free beer for the return trip. I would like your help in suggesting beers to bring back.

I am new to east coast of North America. I'm originally from Portland, OR. In Quebec, where I live there isn't the choice of beer that I am used to. You might read into that and think that I am a beer snob, but I just like good beer. Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, Ninkasi, and 10 Barrel were all available everywhere. Now...well lets just say I started home brewing.

I like all styles of beer. There is plenty of good Belgian styles in Quebec so I won't pick up any of those. I like full flavored, unique tasting beers.

I will share a picture of my haul for suggestions.

Thanks,

Ok, well here is my humble haul. This store is way out in the middle of nowhere. There are plenty of places to get good beer in the area without having to drive out to "the good beer store". That said. The staff was friendly although didn`t really know anything about beer. She helped pack everything up while I shopped and was genuinely pleasant. The store was smaller than I expected. But, the selection was still broad and fun to search. Chime in if something strikes you about anything I purchased. I can't wait to drink these beers. But some of these will just have to wait for the right moment. Cheers!

IMG_20150824_202509.jpg

Back