Any sightings of Sierra Nevada 2011 Bigfoot Barleywine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some at the New Seasons market in Beaverton, OR when I was there yesterday. I was tempted, but I picked up some Bear Republic Racer 5 instead. :D

Whole foods here in Portland has them, a buddy brought a sixer over on Saturday. I think he said it was 10.99/6pk

Called around here in RI and no one has it yet! I heard they're finally getting it in near home in VT, but nothing at school (though they said hopefully next week.)

I found a place with 4 cases of the 2010 Bigfoot and Brooklyn's 2010 Monster ale thought. Gonna try a Monster with lunch.

if you guys are passing through rochester NY, beers of the world has a couple cases, to bad i only picked one bottle up.. "had it tonight with a friend while brewing a barleywine" it was so good i wish i picked up more

Yup, it is. Saw it at New Seasons in happy Valley Oregon. They had it and both 30th anniversary brews. And where handing out samples of all three plus their regular line up

It is a damn good barley wine. Not overbearing but allot of character still.

Just picked up a sixer and cracked one open tonight. It's a great beer! I finished off the 2010's I had around November of the same year. I don't think I will be able to hold any beer for more than 8 or 9 months :(

Location found: Whole Foods in El Segundo, CA 90245

found some at the specs in kingwood, tx. I figured out they get their deliveries on thursdays so I went today and they had a couple cases. It was so new the upc didn't even register with their computers the lady had to type it in manually, 12.63$ for a six pack.

Just had my first bottle of the season last weekend in Ohio. This is the first time I've had it so young. It was tasty, don't get me wrong, but I like it aged a bit better. Time is mighty kind to this beer (though 1.5 years is the oldest I've had). The malt character really seems to shine around 6-12 months after release.

Just got in touch with my beer guy and have a case waiting for me for after work. $40 for the whole sh'bang. I thought that was a pretty good price.

I found 4 cases @ mugs party store in grand haven mi....so i bought one case came out to 30$ for 24bottles....so there are now only 3 cases left 6pack cost was 8.69 get a discount for buying entire case...also bought a 6pack of 2010 bigfoot

Bought a sixer and had one last night. I thought it was excellent. I put the remaining ones away with the rest of my stashed beers to try thoughout the future.

I found 4 cases @ mugs party store in grand haven mi....so i bought one case came out to 30$ for 24bottles....so there are now only 3 cases left 6pack cost was 8.69 get a discount for buying entire case...also bought a 6pack of 2010 bigfoot

That's a smoking price for this beer. Total Wine near me sells it for $10/six or $40/case so no case discount. You're getting 25% off what I already feel is a great price for this beer.

i had 2 tonight the rest are getting put away i have a bigfoot clone fermenting right now, would like to have some to compare to....its so good i might go back tomorrow and buy some more just to have it stashed away

I had my first Bigfoot last Sunday! I was trying to get into a Surly Brewing 5th anniversary event in Minneapolis, and they had completely sold out of everything an hour and a half after the event started. I crossed the street to a much less crowded craft beer bar and ordered a Bigfoot for the first time. Heavenly! It's so well balanced. I want more. Lots more!

Not sure if this is the best way to store it but i took a black pillow case put a case minus 2 inside and then placed it it the back corner of the basement hopefully i will forget about it until next year

Anyone in TX, they had quite a bit of this at the Central Market in Dallas on Lovers Lane. Holla.

I love sierra nevada and i love barleywines, but i'm going to be honest, Brooklyn Monster Ale Barleywine is better, it just is

I love sierra nevada and i love barleywines, but i'm going to be honest, Brooklyn Monster Ale Barleywine is better, it just is

i kinda feel like that too. but it could be partly because i got rushed through my beer while trying the big foot. (see thread "swmbo ruins everthing", lol). but i did feel like the monster ale was more enjoyable

EvoFX said:
for storing bf, should i just cellar it? and how many years can it be cellared?

I actually got to enjoy a vertical sampling abou 2 weeks ago with my home brew club. The oldest was from at least 1980. It had no hops left at all, and tasted very much like Malta Goya. Also there were lots of floating precipitates that kind of ruined it. The best of breed was from 1996.

i kinda feel like that too. but it could be partly because i got rushed through my beer while trying the big foot. (see thread "swmbo ruins everthing", lol). but i did feel like the monster ale was more enjoyable

yeah, ur definitely right, i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. I think just based on the barleywine style that bigfoot is hoppier than it needs to be. Monster ale is a perfect representation of the style. Not that I don't love them both, it's just that when i have a "barley"wine, i want to taste a lot of barley and not as much hops. also, to me, the monster ale seemed sweeter.....idk, but i liked that about it

I found some in Durham NC yesterday, and grabbed a 6. I liked it pretty much - but think I am going back for a case so I can set some back like I did the 2010 celebration. ( Plan to drink one a month for 2 years to see if my opinion / it's flavor changes)

I actually got to enjoy a vertical sampling abou 2 weeks ago with my home brew club. The oldest was from at least 1980. It had no hops left at all, and tasted very much like Malta Goya. Also there were lots of floating precipitates that kind of ruined it. The best of breed was from 1996.

alright, sounds awesome them, ill try to find a pack here, before its too late. i already know that its sold out at our distributor near me :(

yeah, ur definitely right, i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. I think just based on the barleywine style that bigfoot is hoppier than it needs to be. Monster ale is a perfect representation of the style. Not that I don't love them both, it's just that when i have a "barley"wine, i want to taste a lot of barley and not as much hops. also, to me, the monster ale seemed sweeter.....idk, but i liked that about it

yeah. thats how it was for me too. too hoppy. like i big iipa or something. the monster ale seems more to style (im not an expert, its just what i think when i think barley wine)

I'll have to see if my local shop has any, I'll prolly pick up 3. One to drink, and two to toss on the shelf and age :)

I cant go to a "beer" store and not find it in my area. There is 3 places near by (less than 3 miles) that carry it

Back