Any other lambic lovers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've spent the past week reading through this forum, the "post your keggerator" and "post your sculpture" threads, and a bunch of the other threads in the project locator.

I got interested in homebrewing after doing it for the first time in school. I got completely hooked and now I'm studying up before getting started. I think I might give it a chance by myself in the near future.

Still in school aged 23, I hope to get a second degree by june next year, and maybe get a formal brewing education.

Besides from brewing myself, I'm an average beer lover with very varied tastes. I particulary like anything fruity, whether from esters or from actual fruit. I have the huge fortune of being able to simply pick lambic's of the shelves at the local grocery store, tough I've been cutting down on the brews that are wee too high in calorie content.

I've become a regular visitor of the "Beer passion weekend" which comes to my town once a year where I discover new wonderful brews every time, I hope I'll brew my own, better ones some time in the future.

I might call on you guys for some help with that tough.

Welcome to the forum! Lambics are one of my favorite styles! I haven't made one yet, but it's on my todo list in the next two months.

Lambic is also a favorite of mine, but it's remained within the area of mist and lore because I haven't tried to brew one yet.

Got one on the calendar to brew very soon.

I tried a raspberry lambic for the first time the other week and it was absolutely awesome!

I would brew one but I heard to make a true lambic it takes years. I am not that patient ha.

Welcome! Lambics (and other sours) are definitely one, if not the, favorite of mine. Very complex and very tasty. You will find a wealth of information on this forum.

Back