Any opinions on Vollrath stockpots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jramirez126

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a stainless steel boil kettle for electric AG brewing to do 3.5 to 4.5 gallon batches. Does anyone have opinions or experience with Vollrath stockpots? Particularlly this model:

http://www.katom.com/175-47723.html

I don't mind that it's a bit pricey than others, just want to make sure the quality is there. Thanks :mug:

Yep, first class restaurant quality equipment all the way. Vollrath has been around for a very long time. Polarware kettles are also of high quality. Something to consider is whether a false bottom is available for any kettle you buy. This may only be important if you ever plan to use it as a mash tun, but I use a FB in my boil kettle as well. Also take a look at the Megapots. They are also very well built.

The kettle you linked to is only 27 quarts. That's only 6.75 gallons max which is not very big at all. I would suggest getting at least a 10 gallon boil kettle.

Back