Any one brew the Tafelbier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on this as well. Haven't given up on big beers, but like to have a beer on tap I can DRINK and still feel good next day. My latest is a Rye Mild. 7.5# British Pale (Perle or Optic preferred, but Golden Promise is nice), and 8oz each of Choclate rye and C60. 1oz of Willamette FWH or at 60min. ~3.4% of malty, spicy, earthy good drinkin'!

Has anyone else made a 2% or less beer recently? I'm interested in the Belgian style since I prefer that yeast and flavor profile. Has anyone continued to brew their recipe and modified it to make it better?

I made a 2.5% abv by recycling a single can lager beer kit, adding medium dme and dry hopping with h. mittlefruh. The yeast was the MJ Workhorse. Interesting results, quite mixed. The main flavour was from the yeast, as it overpowered the little malt flavour, and gave the beer a fruit / banana / baker's yeast quality. There was some spice from the hallertau but much less than what I expected. Was relatively similar to other traditional table beers I've had (like kotikalja).

Latest posts

Back