Name for Lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All the good beer names are taken!

What should I call my lawnmower lager? The name I used to call it was not all that mature.

I was thinking "Grass Kicker" or "Yard Boss." No one has taken those.

Just a thought.. Wait and see what an annoyance/pleasurable-learning-experience/mess/'Easier Than I Thought' variation you find it to have been once it's in the keg and you've taken your first sip while waiting to see 'likes' on the pic of it you've posted in the 'What Are You Drinking Now' thread.
....just my take as I've named beers before even brewing them and found myself changing the name afterwards owing to the joy/pain of getting it in my mouth altering how I previously felt about it.
:ban:
:bigmug:

The recipe is good, but I don't know whether I executed it well. I really wanted to pressure-ferment it, but I grabbed the wrong bag of grain, and that was the end of that.
In view of that, I'm leaning somewhere between "Grass-Kicker" and "Grass-Stain"... but that'll depend on tasting it first.
;)

1676318063063.png

Something along these lines? Found it in the label thread.

Just a thought.. Wait and see what an annoyance/pleasurable-learning-experience/mess/'Easier Than I Thought' variation you find it to have been once it's in the keg and you've taken your first sip while waiting to see 'likes' on the pic of it you've posted in the 'What Are You Drinking Now' thread.
....just my take as I've named beers before even brewing them and found myself changing the name afterwards owing to the joy/pain of getting it in my mouth altering how I previously felt about it.
:ban:
:bigmug:

100%

I brewed a stout that was a complete pita to brew from start to finish. The initial name was "I'll Make You Regret You Ever Brewed Me". The stout turned out pretty decent it, so I renamed it "The Drink That Should Not Be". I was also on a Metallica kick that week of kegging it.

a cut above
grass flinger
fresh cut
rolling over the clover
still got all my toes
garden is no more
bee - hornet- wasp sting
smells like summer outta

Sampled and tested this today. Down from 1.050 to 1.017 so far.

I think this stuff is neat. Imagine someone taking something like Schlitz or PBR and fixing the problems. To me, it's what American beer should have been.

Latest posts

Back