Any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csells10

Reaction score
So I've been brewing extract recipes for the past year and most recently have made back to back great beers. Let me know what else might have contributed to this. I personally think they've been good because of the addition of Irish moss, and cooling the wort ASAP after the boil is completed, as well as near perfect temps for fermentation. I'm trying to be consistent and besides those things I can't think of any other thing that has helped me get good beer. Any bought a? Or suggestions?

Of what you mentioned, I would expect that if you didn't have good fermentation control before and did for the good ones that is likely the reason. I feel fermentation temperature control is among the most important things to brewing great beer.

kh54s10 said:
Of what you mentioned, I would expect that if you didn't have good fermentation control before and did for the good ones that is likely the reason. I feel fermentation temperature control is among the most important things to brewing great beer.

Second this. I found temp control improved the quality of my beer more than just about anything else I have done

temp control, water profile, sanitation, and many other variables come into play when making great beers. If you've been making back to back great beers, then keep on doing whatever it is your doing! If your looking for more then read up on specialty grain steeping, partial mash's, or BIAB. Cheers!

Back