any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcryan

Reaction score
i've had these "weeds" growing in my yard for years. then.............i started making my own beer. i'm wondering if its possible to tell from a picture what kind of hops theses are. picked a couple tonight. not much smell. i have thousands in my yard. thanks for any help

pictures are kinda small. not sure how to change that.

hops1.jpg

hops3.jpg

Well, it's a fun problem to have. Did you crush the cone in your fingers? That might release some aroma. Or talk a half dozen and make a cuppa tea.

Congratulation on your weeds! I wouldn’t mind such a weed problem here. On another page I heard a suggestion to make hop tea and compare it to a few known hops for flavour and aroma. For bittering you may run into the issue of not knowing the AA value. If used for flavour or aroma it shouldn’t be as much of an issue though.

I couldn’t tell you what type of hop that is, even if I could take a close look at it but perhaps this site could help. Good luck!

Back