Can I Replace These Beer Lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugadawg311

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the beer lines I have in my two-tap tower (see picture)? Normally I clean the lines, but I thought it might be a good time to replace them. Do I need to just loosen the golden nuts? I’d hate to ruin the tap, and I can’t tell if the lines are not meant to be removed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_8064.jpeg

I use strong needle nose pliers to pull up the little tabs on the clamp, then pull up the loose end of the band and it comes right off.

I *highly* reccomend the eva barrier line. 4mm id means you need much less line to balance for pressure to prevent all foam pours, and with hot water you can get it over a 1/4" barb. Just not boiling...

I use strong needle nose pliers to pull up the little tabs on the clamp, then pull up the loose end of the band and it comes right off.

I *highly* reccomend the eva barrier line. 4mm id means you need much less line to balance for pressure to prevent all foam pours, and with hot water you can get it over a 1/4" barb. Just not boiling...
Do you have a link to the Eva barrier line? My current lines are 3/16” inner diameter and pretty short - maybe 5 ft. I get lots of foam in my pours, mainly on the first 2 or 3 beers. I’ve read that I probably need longer lines to help with the foam.

not exactly sure what is asked but the shiny part from the brass nut looks brazed in place. the lines below that are crimped on with with a hose crimp.

Back