Any ideas on why my secondary fermentation looks to be heterogeneous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed a batch of squeeze my lemon summer blonde from a forum on here and my fermentation looks a bit off.

Also the beer taste a bit off as well. We tasted it when transferring from primary to secondary. It tasted like it was basic, almost soapy. Proper cleansing techniques were used.

Any ideas???

image-719547996.jpg

Need more info. Recipe and how long has it been fernenting? OG? Current Gravity?

Sacdan said:
Need more info. Recipe and how long has it been fernenting? OG? Current Gravity?

The OG and current gravity are unknown, we broke the gravity meter early in the brew process.

It's been fermenting a total of 2 weeks going on three.

Thanks, sorry for the little info...

image-3208137091.jpg

image-2538247005.jpg

I think you will be fine. Give it another week or two. It needs to condition a little. After you bottle it, give it a few weeks to carbonate.

Also, miscommunication and my brother dumped the whole bag of irish moss (2oz) instead of 2 table spoons. Do you capped to know what that might do? It's a 5 gallon batch...

Back