Any Good Orange/Citrus Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With Summer almost here i want to brew a nice orange citrus beer. Live in florida so want to make a thurst quencher. Im an extract brewer and want to know a good orange based recipe, interested in using real orange peels. Also would tangerine be good to add?

I brewed a belgian pale ale with the zest of three limes in it. It came out with lime in a VERY big way. I just did a cranberry/pomegranate witbier with the zest of three blood oranges and the smell is just incredible. Don't use the peel, just the zest. Go for a basic witbier, american wheat, or APA and zest in three oranges. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply. Would like to make a pale ale with orange taste and smell. When would you add the zest and how much? Also what hops/malt and grains would be best to use for this type of beer.

I did the blood orange hefeweizen recipe posted above. I'm an extract brewer also (as of right now) so I purchased a honey hefe kit from northern brewer then just added in the blood oranges like the recipe called for. I just bottled so I have no feedback but the airlock smell was great and the wort tasted good too.

Back