Any good Craft Breweries around Zionsville, Carmel, Indianapolis,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilarkin1

Reaction score
Since i just moved back to Indiana and now living on the Northwest side of Indianapolis in a small town of Zionsville. And was just wondering if anyone good craft breweries around Zionsville, Carmel, I or Indianapolis.

I know Sun King is is good

There’s a bunch of breweries in Indy. My kid is a college senior in Indy this year so we’ve been there a bunch but with Covid cutting into the first 2 years haven’t been able to go to many.

Never made it to a Sun King location because of Covid hours but have had their beers at District Tap both on 86th and Downtown which are good spots for beer.

I love Daredevil, both the brewery in Speedway and the taproom on 86th at Keystone.

Big Woods in Speedway is an arm of Quaff On out of Nashville. It’s a family favorite for dinner and the beer isn’t bad.

Not sure it’s even still there but there was one out in Plainfield that was just plain bad. Every beer tasted like their nasty well water.

Centerpoint near downtown was decent but weird hours last year so we kind of got rushed out.

There’s a place right next to Great Fermentations where we go almost every trip but have never made it to the brewery.

We are in Indy annually for my kids' college conference swimming champs. Last year was our first visit and we were only able to make it to 2 breweries on that visit. Chilly Water is a very good brewery in Indy. Real good food too! The other brewery we visited was St Joseph. It was very good as well. It's in a restored church so very cool location! There were a couple we wanted to check out but didn't make it because we ended up just going back to Chilly Water! Metazoa had a lot of good reviews as well as Centerpoint and Fountain Square. We plan on hitting up more of these the next time we are in town in the spring!

Back