Any beer drinkers like spirits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
Was at the liquor store today trying to decide if this was perhaps "another level" of alcohol bliss or perhaps a distraction for those who cannot appreciate beer.

I bought some hennesy and crown royal, some scotch that was god awful. As a kid a liked a little nip of Sothern Comfort.

What do beer drinkers like?

My so-far favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve, though it's out of my price range for day-to-day enjoyment. That duty is handed to McKenzie's or Buffalo Trace usually, and if we're really poor that week Wild Turkey will suffice.

I also like gin, but haven't gotten into trying a better class than New Amsterdam. It's okay but I don't know what I may be missing there.

The intricacies of flavor are just as present in spirits as beer, and is something I really enjoy learning about. I'm by no means an expert (or even a qualified amateur) but would like to be in due time. Kyle

I like scotches. Primarily Single Malt but also enjoy a good blended. I also drink bourbon and high end Jack (Single Barrel)

As far as specific scotches I've had many. I really love my Macallan Cask strength. Glenlivet 15, and the black label+, and for americans I love makers.

I really enjoy scotch. Johnnie Walker Green is my go to. I have JW double black, green, and Macallan 18 on my counter right now. Also like rum, Canadian and American whisky. Captain Morgan black is good straight up for rum... Elijah Craig is my go to American whisky, and Crown Royal Cask 16 for Canadian.

I love spirits: Whiskey, Gin, but the best discovery I've made was a vodka choice- 45th Parallel Vodka. It's good enough that it's a crime to mix it.

I like gin and tonics in the summer.

But I'm really partial to bourbon myself. And lately I've been partial to infusing bourbon with my own maple bacon bourbon.

CDE81ECE-3093-4E03-9CFB-E04D75305332-1639-00000446C20A5517.jpg

C9123355-EB80-45BE-9054-0D7F2687934C-2121-0000053B902B8AB4.jpg

I show how in this thread.

I like the kraken black spiced rum, very smooth with a caramel base instead of a vanilla like most spiced rums

I like spirits so much I don't generally drink them anymore. Keep some vodka around for the occasional Bloody Mary, but that's it.

I'm a rum guy as well, my two go twos are sailor Jerry and Havana club 7 year dark. Cuban rum is fantastic

I love bourbon and gin. Bourbon neat and gin as a martini or gin and tonic. My favorite bourbon is Booker's but that's a little expensive so I usually stick to Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek. For gin I usually drink Tangueray. I like Hendrick's too but it's too expensive for what it is IMO.

I like spirits almost as much as I like beer, but I can't afford anything made outside the Philippines (its taxed a crazy amount.) Local stuff is as cheap as chips...

Fortunately there's good rum, gin & brandy all made locally so its only decent whisky I miss, (I avoid tequila anyway after too many teenage mishaps with it :drunk:) I'm particularly partial to Islay single malt scotch - especially Laphroiag.

I love a good Scotch. Many. Mostly lowland & speyside for my taste.
I do understand that some folk don't care for them (yay. more for me), but a wee dram whilst sitting in front of a fire is a thing of beauty & a joy forever.

Also lately I've been getting into rye. Old style flavor profiles like Bullit is doing or some new flavors like Catoctin Creek. Quite yummy.

I enjoy a lot of different spirits. Bombay Sapphire gin is wonderful with a little tonic water, or with a good vermouth in a martini. (Sorry Tanguerry lovers, but I can't handle the stuff!) Also, the Bouliette bourbon (found at Costco) is a gem in the rough. I love Irish whiskey. I generally don't care for blended Scotch (like Johnny Walker, Cutty Sark, etc.) but do enjoy a number of single malts. Glenlivet is a very nice, and reasonably affordable, single malt.

I'll take one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer almost any day of the week. If price isn't an issue I'll go with Makers, though Four Roses is a pretty good cheap substitute. I like Buffalo Trace and Bulleit too. Glenmorangie and Maccallans are my top single malts. Glad I'm subscribed to this thread now, looking forward to trying some new stuff!

I'm a fan of gin and occasionally enjoy scotch, but have been delving into good Irish whiskey lately.

I also would really like to try some genever sometime, but haven't found a liquor store in my area that carries it.

Sloe gin is very nice. Don't know if you get sloes in North America - they are like small, very sour plums. Put them, some sugar and some cheap gin in a bottle and a few months later it'll be lovely.

Back