Anvil pick up tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramptonbrewer

Reaction score
Just kegged a Vienna Lager from an anvil 7.5 Gallon fermenter. (Closed transfer)
Spigot leaked thru-out and stopped when beer reach pick up tube. it left at least
1 Gallon in tank. can I change the spigot fora ball valve and pick up tube?

If you extend the spigot with tubing, it will act as as syphon and keep the beer flowing till it reaches the bottom of the pick-up tube. As far as the leaking, sounds like you need to change out the washers or tighten them up.

If you extend the spigot with tubing, it will act as as syphon and keep the beer flowing till it reaches the bottom of the pick-up tube. As far as the leaking, sounds like you need to change out the washers or tighten them up.
the pick up tube is less than 1/2 inch from the bottom of the fermenter already, where do I extend the spigot to?

I have a tube attached which connects to the keg. I do a closed transfer to keg, under a little pressure using CO2 (around 2 psi)

That's what I do, but you should be able to do it with gravity. Once the beer starts flowing below the pick up tube, it should keep going. Maybe you are losing the syphon because of the loose washer?

Back