Anvil foundry pump sanitation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djangotet

Reaction score
Hello! I just got my anvil Foundry and I’m gonna brew tomorrow morning. The only part i’m stressing about is chilling and transferring to my fermentor. I need to use the recirculation pump to transfer to my fermentor and it always says to sanitize it online. What does sanitation look like in this case? I figure that the mash water would sanitize it but do I have to detach it from the kettle and wash it + run StarSan through it after chilling? Or can I just pump some boiling wort through it? Just needs to be clean so I can transfer wort through after the boil. Thanks so much!

Yes run boiling wort through the pump for a couple minutes to sanitize it. Then you can chill. I don’t have a Foundry, are you able to pump and whirlpool in the kettle? Is it an immersion chiller? If so, place that in at the end of the boil to sanitize it too.

Yes run boiling wort through the pump for a couple minutes to sanitize it. Then you can chill. I don’t have a Foundry, are you able to pump and whirlpool in the kettle? Is it an immersion chiller? If so, place that in at the end of the boil to sanitize it too.
The pump is external. It takes wort out of the valve and goes back in through the lid. The chiller is a standard immersion chiller. I worried that boiling water would damage the pump but I think it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back