Another Perlick group buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll buy two faucets, and whatever else I need to put them on my kegerator door.

An update... Forrest's site is showing the Perlicks expected back in stock on 9/25, so we are still waiting to hear from him on when and how to proceed.
Interest in the latest buy on this thread goes back to message #22. I just went through and added up the numbers (I'm not gonna list the 27 names until we hear back from Forrest, then we can start an actual bought count). We currently have interest in 90-93 Faucets and 50 Shanks.

Ed

Well we haven't even gotten word that we're going to get any kind of deal yet, so you're not late yet.

If you read Forrest's response in message #72, I think you'll agree it is just a matter of waiting on him to have the product in stock. He is at the mercy of his supplier for delivery. But then, I don't think he'd want to anger this crowd ;)

Ed

I don't think they carry the brass finish...also I think the 575 could be added to your order so long as you ordered a 525, but that would be up to Forrest to make a discount on those during the group buy- sounds like more trouble than it would be worth for a few 575's IMO.

I'D take 1 575, 2 525 and 1 425 if they could all be on the sale but 4 525 works also. Ideally I'd like 1 425 1 525 1 575 and a stout faucet but we can all dream right?

Not sure how this works - new to group buys. I wouldn't mind getting in on 4 and 4 if/when available. I think I may go with picnic taps utnil I can get a good deal.

also not sure how the group buy operates, but i'd be really interested in 4 all-stainless forward-sealing perlicks to replace my nasty chrome-over-brass cheapo no-name faucets...

also not sure how the group buy operates, but i'd be really interested in 4 all-stainless forward-sealing perlicks to replace my nasty chrome-over-brass cheapo no-name faucets...

In this case, it is really up to the vendor (Austin Homebrew Supply) to determine how to administer the buy. You will order straight from AHS, they will ship to you for a flat rate and you will have the option to include any other product from their site in the order. I have been PM'ing with Forrest who told me they are expecting delivery, hopefully this Friday. At that point, he may provide a "special" link to order from or he may have some other instructions to follow. When he is ready (he likes to wait until he has product in hand before he initiates the sale), instructions will be posted in this thread.

Ed

This thing has turned into a monster. I want this , I want that. Good grief people, be patient and see what Forrest has to say. I'm sure he can't discount his entire store for our benefit.

i am with wildwest too the title explain the whole thing, just let Forrest to make the decision for all of us it is his store.

Sorry to bring up different models, I only have one tap and I want the creamer I was trying to see if I should just order outside of this. Which I guess I will because my current faucet is not working right and I need a new one sooner.

I *think* the way it will happen is:

If you want a Perlick 525 faucet (or several), you can get in on this awesome price that Forrest is going to set up for us.

He will allow you to add separate items to your order, for no additional shipping fee (there will be a flat shipping rate of $7.99 to your door) but the other items you order- ingredients/drip trays/other faucets etc- won't be at a discount as he can't hook us up on everything and they wouldn't be bought in "group buy" quantities anyhow...

If you want both a 525 and a 575 it may be worth your time to wait for the discount to take place- if you want just the 575 the group buy deal wouldn't help you out much.

Did I get that right? :confused:

Personally, unless I needed a faucet right now, I would wait to see what Forrest is gonna have for us. I know there has been a lot of interest in a variety of things in this thread and I also know Forrest has been watching. I can't speak for him but he has to know he has a pretty big line of folks at his door with money in hand. Just my $.02.

Ed

well I just bought mine today NY's 10% off sale is today at AHS . So the 525 was 26.$ the last sale they were 23.99 so I would have saved 2 bucks more if the sale is comparable to the last, but I saved a lot more since I bought other items.

I will have the 575ss (creamer), 525ss, and 425ss, on sale for as long as I have inventory. They won't last long. I am receiving some 525ss models on Monday. I will start the ad once they arrive. This should be around 2pm. The 575ss, and 425ss, models will be right behind them. I will take orders but there will be a couple of days of delay before they ship.

Forrest

I will have the 575ss (creamer), 525ss, and 425ss, on sale for as long as I have inventory. They won't last long. I am receiving some 525ss models on Monday. I will start the ad once they arrive. This should be around 2pm. The 575ss, and 425ss, models will be right behind them. I will take orders but there will be a couple of days of delay before they ship.

Forrest

Whats your thoughts on the 575's have you tried them? I don't know if they're worth it or if it just duplicates slightly opening a regular faucet and then the head dies down quickly. I love a creamy head not only on porters but IPA's and others so it might be worth the extra coin for me.

Is there any news on how many SS Shanks will be in stock? I think there's quite a few people that want to order some from you, Forrest!

Thanks again for all of your help with this- you guys at AHS are awesome! :mug:

The Perlicks will not arrive until Wednesday. There are a couple of places I can order SS shanks from. There is one place that has them much cheaper and they are back ordered now. The better price from this vendor allows me to pass on the better price to you. Sorry guys, I am peddling as fast as I can.

Forrest

Forrest are you still going to put up the sale price today for orders or just wait until you get the perlicks in? Just don't want to miss the chance. Thanks

The Perlicks will not arrive until Wednesday. There are a couple of places I can order SS shanks from. There is one place that has them much cheaper and they are back ordered now. The better price from this vendor allows me to pass on the better price to you. Sorry guys, I am peddling as fast as I can.

Forrest

Thanks Forrest, I will remember to check back noon on Wednesday!

Latest posts

Back