Another Perlick group buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice... Now if we can just all hold tight until we hear back from Forrest. Like I mentioned earlier, he said next week he will "Work it out". I'm personally looking at 6-8 so that puts us at 40+.

Forrest... the ball is in your court.

There also appears to be quite a bit of interest in a kegorator "package" that would include faucet, shank, tail piece, etc. If you can work out a bit of a discount on the rest of the parts, it looks like they may move like hot cakes.

Thanks,
Ed

with current prices I'm looking at about a 200 dollar order (4 perlicks, 4 2inch shanks, and 4 elbow tails)

we're over 45 perlicks now

Alright! Do we still need to keep count in order to show there's enough interest? :D
I would definitely like to see some sort "kegerator package" like Ohio-Ed mentioned. I'm crossing my fingers! :mug:

the only problem with that is specialization in sizes, for example, I need elbow tails and a 2 inch shank, some may need a 4 or 5 inch shank and reg tail and so on

This thread started as a group buy that I missed out on. I asked Forrest from AHS if the buy was still going on and he said the deal was over but he would match any delivered price we found.
I mentioned Rapids because they have a published price for comparison.
I would personally prefer to work it out with AHS because Forrest is an active member here on HBT and so we don't have to deal with collecting funds and re-shipping.
I PM'd Forrest and asked what it would take to start a new buy, to which he replied that he would "Work it out". For the last buy, he had a special link to purchase from at the discounted price (I have no idea what it looked like because I missed the deal). So, while I know there may be a lot of variability in "package" requirements, I'm hoping Forrest can either put together some standard "packages" that will help most, or preferably include a discount on individual pieces on the same "special link" for the group buy. At this point, we need to see what he comes back to us with.

Ed

I'm in for 2 if it's not to late.:mug:

I don't know if it's been discussed, but would Forrest be willing to ship these separate if we placed a small order also? It would save someone a lot of time shipping and make Forrest some extra cash as well. Maybe pm him all the names and he could do a code or something for the faucet prices.

I don't know if it's been discussed, but would Forrest be willing to ship these separate if we placed a small order also? It would save someone a lot of time shipping and make Forrest some extra cash as well. Maybe pm him all the names and he could do a code or something for the faucet prices.

Good thought. Except I live in TX, I'd end up paying a good bit in taxes ;)

They would sure get here a lot faster though.

If i am not mistaken the last group buy from AHS you ordered your faucets and they were delivered to you not to one person. It was a code for the group price and you could add other items and it was still 7.99 to ship the entire order

If i am not mistaken the last group buy from AHS you ordered your faucets and they were delivered to you not to one person. It was a code for the group price and you could add other items and it was still 7.99 to ship the entire order

Sweet, that's the way to go.

Niiiiiiice- that way I don't have to place an second order for other things I feel compelled to buy right after pay day :p

I thought right. This was in the August group buy I hope forrest will do this again. I could use 2 more and other stuff

I was selling them for $23.99 plus $7.99 shipping. The $7.99 would be a flat rate so if you ordered more items there would be no additional shipping charges.

This would be a better deal than $22.99 plus $10 shipping.

Since there is so much demand I will do it again right now. We are sold out but there are 200 on their way already. I will ship when they arrive on Monday.

Forrest

Call me a geek, but I'm pretty excited about these faucets. I've seen some seriously nasty stuff build up (and grow) in my current faucets (which were, years ago, the absolute cheapest I could find. silly me).

In case anyone hasn't done much research, the following PDF file explains the virtues of this faucet. Perhaps the coolest part is that the simplification of the design has allowed Perlick to produce these even cheaper than inferior and more complex models.

http://www.perlick.com/pdf-files/Perlick_TAPPING_WISDOM_SS.pdf

The design is remarkably simple; I look at it and wonder how such a thriving technology hasn't fostered simple designs like this before. I only wish they included the removable spouts from the 425 model )=

Sorry for the rant, but I'm thoroughly excited about the thought of having a serious upgrade for such a cheap cost. Historically speaking, it is only with fundamental innovations that you see a huge leap forward in both performance and cost simultaneously. I'm thrilled that this product has been invented before the time I decided to upgrade.

I already have three of the 525 SS faucets .. I love them I've even been caught pullin the tap when it wasn't hooked up just feels so nice and smooth...:D

Could that be qualified as some sort of obsessive complex? :mug:

I'm sure I'll acquire the same thing when we get this thing off the ground! I'm ready to start my own keezer thread :rockin:

We haven't yet heard from Forrest if it's a go or not, so I'd assume the thread is still open for orders, right? I haven't participated in one of these before, is that how it works guys?

Right now we are waiting on Forrest from AHS to confirm what he is able to do for us on price. After that, we will update this thread with what you need to do to get in on the deal. Some of these group buys happen very quickly... I'm hoping we can hold this one open a bit so we can all get in on it. We'll have to see what Forrest can do.

Yeeeeeeaaahhh I definitely lost count about a page back lol That's awesome there are that many interested in this!

Anyone care to tally them up? :ban:

Back