Another Oregon Brewer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Hate and beer in the same post. I would have to say that any beer with hops is technically flavored. That being said I did choose to omit the chamomile and that leaves only an ounce of orange peel for citrus bittering and aroma. I also added the honey in for the whole boil to cut the sweetness and fragrant character a little.

Wow. Hate and beer in the same post. I would have to say that any beer with hops is technically flavored. That being said I did choose to omit the chamomile and that leaves only an ounce of orange peel for citrus bittering and aroma. I also added the honey in for the whole boil to cut the sweetness and fragrant character a little.

My opinion applies only to my own tastes. If you like it, it's what you should drink.

IIRC, it's called a snakebite.

It is in fact called a snakebite. Although I have known about this drink for many years I have never been able to bring myself to combine them and try it. So I was hoping to get a report on the flavor.

I have accumulated all the parts for a 2 corny kegerator and look forward to putting the summer blonde in.

Since this seems to be a Oregon love fest I figured I better chime in...

I'm just North of the Columbia so not an official Oregon guy (but I work in Oregon!).

My new thing is brewing Cider. I've got 4 gallons going right now and will be trying my latest tonight. With the exception of Guinness I've never really acquired a taste for beer (much like my coffee I need it chewable) but I fell in love with Cider after spending a few weeks in England. Yum!

Neil

Well, all the more reason to get into homebrewing! If you like a particular style or taste in beer then you can make exactly what you want and as strong as you want!!

Of course I am quite partial to beer so my opinion is biased;)

I suffered a beer tragedy last night when my dry erase board that indicates the contents of my kegerator leapt off and opened the tap handle to Orfy's Mild Ale on it's way to the garage floor. Needless to say it didn't stop running until the keg was exhausted. I too being exhausted slept right through.

I suffered a beer tragedy last night when my dry erase board that indicates the contents of my kegerator leapt off and opened the tap handle to Orfy's Mild Ale on it's way to the garage floor. Needless to say it didn't stop running until the keg was exhausted. I too being exhausted slept right through.

No WAY! Ugh that has got to be a first. Sorry for the luck man.

Portlander here. My stomache just sank when I read this. :( This happened to my brother, but it was the dog that tripped the tap. It was a full keg of an award winning IIPA that I brewed for him. OHHH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

BrandonBrews said:

man I wept a bit while reading. Sad day :-(

Thanks for the support guy's. I will definitely be brewing that mild again. It is very good. I must wait for the change of season though it is way too hot for this one. Maybe a Saison though.

I brewed Orfy's Mild Mannered Ale again. I used Willamettes instead of fuggles and pulled a small sample after work today. The willamettes were a good substitute for fuggles. I couldn't be happier.

I brewed a stout and poured it on the mild ale yeast cake. Yeast activity started up very fast and robust only three hours after "pitching." I think I over pitched a little.

The husks don't bother us either. I was worried they would but after the first batch it was obvious there was no cause for concern. The spent stout grains made an interesting loaf, very dark and slightly sweet.

Back