Another One Comes Crawling Back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Balm

Reaction score
I'm coming back to homebrewing after 14 years away.

Back then, I had no local shop, no friends in the hobby, no computer/internet access, no videos, no forums!!!

I read some books, and instruction manuals, doing the best I could... in isolation. Results were mixed. I think I did about 5 batches and hit only about 2-3 of them.

After reading, viewing and exploring... I'm going to try it again!

Being able to see, ask, and learn much more interactively, has already proven to be very exciting.

So here we go!

Welcome back to the obsession...

As you already mentioned, things are much better all around for home brewers these days. Not only can we make excellent beer (for a fraction of what it would cost to buy equal quality brew) we can also ferment so many other things. I look at brewing beer as the 'gateway drug' to fermenting. :rockin: Try your hand at some mead, maybe some good wine (be ready to wait a significant amount of time on either of those) and anything else you can think up (hard lemonade, hard ginger-ale, some even make hard tea)... If you can figure out (or make it clear what you're looking for) how to get the flavors you want in something, you can make it.

jerryboy said:
Living in the future is great isn't it?

Welcome to HBT.

=D

+1. I like the future but wish everyone was old fashioned and not rude.
Anyways, happy brewing!

Welcome back! I recently came back after almost 20 years. There seem to be a lot of us resurrections :)

Let it be said, I never move slowly or half-heartily when I set my mind on something.

-I have dusted off my old brew gear.

-I have purchased new supplies to replace the missing/damaged gear.

-I now have a highly talked about Thermapen.

-I have kegging supplies and a filled co2 ready to roll.

-I have a slightly used chest freezer to be turned into a keezer.

-I have planned for Saturday to be "Brew Day".

-I just finished tilling the garden where my hops will be planted.

My wife smiles, permits my spending (provided I research "deals"), and just rolls her eyes. I really found a great girl.

Golddiggie said:
Welcome back to the obsession...

As you already mentioned, things are much better all around for home brewers these days. Not only can we make excellent beer (for a fraction of what it would cost to buy equal quality brew) we can also ferment so many other things. I look at brewing beer as the 'gateway drug' to fermenting. :rockin: Try your hand at some mead, maybe some good wine (be ready to wait a significant amount of time on either of those) and anything else you can think up (hard lemonade, hard ginger-ale, some even make hard tea)... If you can figure out (or make it clear what you're looking for) how to get the flavors you want in something, you can make it.

Do you think I can take flat Coke and make it hard? What yeast would I use? I think it would carb in the bottle.

My wife smiles, permits my spending (provided I research "deals"), and just rolls her eyes. I really found a great girl.

LOL, my wife does the same thing. She encouraged me to get into this hobby several years ago, but she doesn't drink beer. She'll take a sip of mine, but says it tastes like beer. Duh, it's beer. Anyway, more for me.:ban:

Welcome back to the obsession.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back