Another Nuub w/ a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Greetings from North Central MN--just started the Closet Brewery (only place allowed for all necessary equipment--at least she let me get this far)

I did a test run w/ my corny kegs w/ some apple juice for my girls. Put a gallon of juice in the keg, put pressure up to 40psi, and shook on and off for about an hour. Figured out a few things to do and not to do at that pressure. Got everything settled down and bottled into a single 1L bottle and that was it. Where did my the rest of it go?? Corny regulator w/ proper check valves (I think). Did this at room temp (juice was cooler)--did I loose it all in fine mist/vapor at the higher pressure? No way it could have gotten into CO2 tank is there?

The 1 Bottle I got was nicely carbonated--thankfully I didn't do this w/ my Black Dog Ale (extract kit).

did you look in the bottom of the keg? there's usually an amount that doesnt make it through the line. its never a liter for me but i think your missing apple juice could be there! check it out

yep--tore the keg down to clean after that apple juice--I'm guessing that with the beer gun hooked up at 40psi, as it was hissing out into the drain (and floor and counter and cabinets) that I lost more than I thought--thanks

Back