another noob question - lager bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremblay

Reaction score
Yo, well we all know Lagers ferment at cold temperatures, and lager at colder temperatures... there's a bit of info I've missed. Once bottled, what temperature do I let the beers condition in? room temp? or 33dF like the secondary? Thanks y'all !

Tremblay said:
Yo, well we all know Lagers ferment at cold temperatures, and lager at colder temperatures... there's a bit of info I've missed. Once bottled, what temperature do I let the beers condition in? room temp? or 33dF like the secondary? Thanks y'all !

This is a good question, and useful b/c I'm doing my first on Sunday, inshallah. I'd guess door #3 and cellar them (if possible) at ferment temp range 45-55F (?) to let the yeast carbonate the beer. But I hope someone with actual experience will come relieve our n00bness on this issue!

Sorry to all you vets out there, did a little research and found tons of info. Just in the similar threads section down below, I found a lot.

I'm bottling my first lager on Tuesday. It sat in primary for 3 weeks then lagered in secondary for 4. Do i need to pitch any more yeast for bottle conditioning or will I be ok?

I'm bottling my first lager on Tuesday. It sat in primary for 3 weeks then lagered in secondary for 4. Do i need to pitch any more yeast for bottle conditioning or will I be ok?

It should be ok, but if you're worried about it you can add 1/3 package of dry yeast to the cooled priming solution when you bottle.

Latest posts

Back