Another Newbie ( and no it wasnt a Christmas gift)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstew

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line and say Hi. I have been a pretty active user on other hobby forums, so I was excited to find this one with so much activity.

I was at an estate sale and a guy had 2 glass carboys, 12 20oz bottles, a capper, 30qt stainless steel pot, 20 quart stainless steel pot, immersion chiller, and a propane burner in a corner. He was just going to scrap the copper coil, use the pots in his kitchen, and fill the carboys with change. I had an idea what the equipment was so I asked him if he wanted to sell them. Of course he said yes so i walked out $150 lighter but excited to try this for myself.

A quick drive to the local Home-brew store, $125 later, and I was ready to start with my first English Pale Ale extract brew.

Unfortunately I didn't find this site until after I started my fermentation process, but I did read "How to brew" by Palmer and think I'm off to a good start. Its been about 36 hours and I have foam in the carboy, so we will see.

What deal... those pots are worth the price ... good score... Good Luck

Welcome to Home Brew Talk and the Passion of home brewing. Check out the stickies in the Beginners area... lots of great information.

Back