Another MYPIN TD4 thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgauthier20420

Reaction score
So, I've got the panel all wired up and it powers on and all. Something I'm damn excited about let me add. Last night I went and wired up the temp probe and the read out is a little funny. I'll list what I'm running so it's known. I've got the MYPIN TA4-SSR with a K type thermocouple from Auber. I read through the Auber website and found that they've noted yellow is positive and red is negative for the US market. The yellow is wired to 8 (+) and the red is wired to 7 (-).

From what I can tell from the diagram, the wiring for a thermocouple is just connecting 7 & 8. So that's how it's wired up (you can see the white wire with the yellow terminals).

Now for what's it's doing. All it does it start out around 65 degrees and slowly creep up. I mean slowly as in it twitches between 65.4 and 65.5 then lands on 65.5 and continues to do that upwards. It doesn't react at all when put in liquid of any differing temperatures.

Here's a picture of the wiring. Now, is the wiring right or do I need to get a whole new PID or TC?

20140218_071400.jpg

have you set the thermocouple type to the correct type that your using in the service menu? you need to do this if its not correct already. the directions for this are actually in the documentation it came with... thats where I found it.
I cant really be much more help as I use a three wire RTD sensor myself.

Also I see two sets of wires conncted to the sensor screws... why? are you attempting to wire two seperate sensors to one sensor input? you cant do this especially with a thermocouple if I understand how they work correctly.

have you set the thermocouple type to the correct type that your using in the service menu? you need to do this if its not correct already. the directions for this are actually in the documentation it came with... thats where I found it.
I cant really be much more help as I use a three wire RTD sensor myself.

The default for the PID is for the k type thermo, but I have gone through the menu and confirmed that is what it's set to.

I added to my post above. why four wires for one sensor??

Hmmm I guess that's just what I thought the diagram meant. It's got 2 lines that are going to the screws on each side of the numbers on it. I took that as they needed to be screwed it AND connected with wires. I wonder if that's what's throwing the temp reading off....

If that is a jumper wire remove it and it should work.

It is indeed that. So basically I've got the TC hooked up to the + and - and then I've also got a wire on the other side connecting the + and - again. I guess that does seem odd.

Damn, not I wish I'd brought the thing to work so I can try the fix.

Yep. Anyway to explain the temp reading being so twitchy? That interests me also.

So have you gotten a chance to correct the wiring yet?

Yep. Works perfect. Calibrated and everything. Here's a few photos of the box and everything. It's no beauty like some of the others, but it functions perfectly.

Edit: Thanks for the help btw!

20140218_185644.jpg

20140218_185350.jpg

20140218_185347.jpg

Back