Another Cold Plate Cleaning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy13586

Reaction score
IMG_20130722_145356_430.jpg

So i just picked this cold plate up at a used restaurant equipment store. The plan is to use it in the jockey box I'm going to build for my wedding in October. I'm starting off with just two taps and then will expand when I have the money.

As you can tell, the thing has been neglected and I was wondering what might be the best way to clean it? For an initial cleaning, I soaked it in hot water. I then took one of the old connectors with the little bit of hose attached and connected it to each of the beverage inputs, blowing air through using my bike pump. It cleared a lot of old liquid out, as well as some chunks of lord knows what.

I read some of the other threads about baking it in a pan with water to loosen up all the grime and grossness that may be inside. There were also some that said to soak it in Oxiclean. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I use milkstone remover & low foaming, chlorinated dairy line cleaner from Tractor Supply. Less than $10 ea per gallon. I use a magnetic pump and a 2-1/2 gallon bucket w/ hot water & circulate for 20 minutes or so per line - also bump up the oz's per gallon.

Works great.
Cheers, Dan F.
LAGERS

Back