Another Belgian Abbey Style Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceantendency

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just brewed out my 3rd batch of Belgian Abbey Dubbel Ale and just love watching a great plan being executed. I just recently upgraded to a 32qt SS kettle with thermometer and SS ball valve, added a MPT adapter in conjunction with my Aluminum 32qt stockpot and got my wort chilled in under 23 minutes with no wort chiller. I also got my 3rd batch to start fermenting in less than 12 hours; it's been taking about 20-24hrs to start ( Istarted using just a plain electirc beater to help mixing in conjuction with my stirring, siphoning into my bottling bucket where I aerated more with the electric beater, before pouring through the spigot into my primary fermentors. I've been using 6 x 4L amber glass bottles that I got from work and they have been excellent little primary fermenters (#6.5 bung, airlock, blowoff tubes into 1 gallon water jugs). But I'll also be upgrading to a 6.5 gallon glass carboy instead of my 5 gallon bucket and additional 4L jug within the next 2 weeks. I've been obtaining all good high gravities and 9-11% ABV beers, but now filtering more and using Irish moss for better clarity. So far, everyone who has sampled my first batch hasn't complained and seems to enjoy a comfortable light buzz after 1 or 2 pints; so easy to drink, but they'll sneak up on ya! Thank the Lord for beer! :mug:

Join the Belgian club. I probably make a Belgian variety about every other beer. Sounds like your process is working out for you. :mug:

Back