Another Bayou Classic 62qt pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman

Reaction score
I bought the bayou classic 1060 (62qt) pot off amazon a couple weeks ago, and it finally arrived. Outfitted it with some bargainfittings parts, and it's almost ready to go :) This will be my combo HLT/Boil Kettle, replacing my 8gal pot (which was prone to boil overs). The brewmometer comes on Friday, so I'll install it then.

On with the pics!

The new pot (incomplete) vs. the old 8gal pot
IMG_2408.JPG

cut the dip tube like a truck smokestack so it would siphon more off the bottom.. less than 1qt left when it siphons out the liquid!
IMG_2411.JPG

pot with ball valve installed
IMG_2416.JPG

dip tube installed (side draw so I can whirlpool)
IMG_2417.JPG

notched the lid for my immersion chiller
IMG_2422.JPG

the new pot on the brew cart
IMG_2426.JPG

Awsome! Nice work. What tool did you use to drill the holes? I imagine a step bit. I need to find a good one for when my 20gal comes in.

I know this thread is over a year old, but imjust stumbling uponit and wanted to say thanks! This is exactly what I'm planning

Sorry to revive an old thread, but hows that 1060 workin out for you? I'm thinking of getting one and setting it up the same way you have yours set up. Anything you'd change or do different?

Back