annapolis, MD area brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good. I'll start asking around. I think we may have the option of either inside or out. Any opinions. The bars here have nothing to write home about in terms of beer,but I know a few good places on the water. The scenery will be nice.

If everyone can move it up to Tuesday June 19th, I will drive anywhere....if not, I understand ;)

If you guys are up for letting in new members to you your club.. Let me know. I'd love to join. I am a chick.. Obviously by the name.. But I've been brewing for about a year. Still have a great deal to learn but also have created some awesome brews. Currently working on a chili lime pilsner. Anyway I am close to south county.. And edgewater.

Just follow this thread and show up to the next meeting. We'll post the information. Also, if you have an ipa in the works, that's next months style.

If you guys are up for letting in new members to you your club.. Let me know.

Krissy, no problem! As it is we're still forming up the club and we will always need to recruit new members. Right now we're working out the details for the June meeting and trying to decide on a name. Any ideas?

The 19th is ok with me, although in general Thursdays will work better.

The 19th works for me but Thursdays are better. At the end of the first meeting we discussed moving the June meeting to the 14th (second Thursday in June) due to multiple members having conflicts with the 21st. Does anyone have a conflict with the 14th? if we're going to move the meeting then I prefer to at least stick with Thursday.

I have a conflict with the 14th. I will be out of town the 11th through 14th. This has me missing the first two but I will normally be there.

The 14th would be great for me, personally.

But I realize it will be difficult to have everyone present for every single meeting, so we can keep it on the 21st.

I'm ok with any weekday. Memorial day through Labor day I work long weekends. I am talking to some bar owners now so the sooner we figure out the date the better.

Well. So far 1/3 of the club drove that far or further for the first meeting. I don't want to have all our meetings down here,but I doubt Superspy wants to host them all. Anyone else out if I can find a place down here?

gotsumbeers said:
Well. So far 1/3 of the club drove that far or further for the first meeting. I don't want to have all our meetings down here,but I doubt Superspy wants to host them all. Anyone else out if I can find a place down here?

Dang small buttons. I don't want to set up something for just three people. I enjoyed the beginnings of our little club and would like to see it succeed.

gotsumbeers said:
Dang small buttons. I don't want to set up something for just three people. I enjoyed the beginnings of our little club and would like to see it succeed.

Me too!

I agree! I think the original appeal of the club was starting up in Annapolis as the centerpoint and going out from there but I don't want to spread out too far. At the same time I don't want to reschedule constantly because a few members have conflict. All of us have lives outside of the club, and scheduling meetings around that will always be a problem. I think that settling on a specific day every month allows us to plan well into the future.

It looks like someone has a conflict with the 14th so I say we stick to the 21st. I really like Clint and Jay and will be disappointed that they can't make it to the second meeting, but we're all going to miss meetings if the club continues. I say lets settle on the same day every month (currently third Thursday) and then we can start focusing on what to do at those meetings rather than when they're going to be scheduled. Agree/disagree?

I agree! I think the original appeal of the club was starting up in Annapolis as the centerpoint and going out from there but I don't want to spread out too far. At the same time I don't want to reschedule constantly because a few members have conflict. All of us have lives outside of the club, and scheduling meetings around that will always be a problem. I think that settling on a specific day every month allows us to plan well into the future.

It looks like someone has a conflict with the 14th so I say we stick to the 21st. I really like Clint and Jay and will be disappointed that they can't make it to the second meeting, but we're all going to miss meetings if the club continues. I say lets settle on the same day every month (currently third Thursday) and then we can start focusing on what to do at those meetings rather than when they're going to be scheduled. Agree/disagree?

agree. even if i can't make it, eviljay will be my voice.

Agree with setting a recurring date and members can participate as available. If there's a month where everyone's got a conflict, you can move the date, or an ad hoc meeting might pop up at another time when folks are available.

Location is important. I do have the preference that most are in the Annapolis area, but understand if we're so cool that it draws in other areas. Depending on time, I may or may not be able to attend a meeting outside the area.

I have a reasonably sized back yard and could volunteer to host at a future meeting if we want to continue to do these at people's houses. If it rains, we'd be screwed, but outside there's decent room.

I figure since I didn't stake a claim at the first meeting, I'll have to take a backseat to the evilJay so will henceforth be known as "the other Jay" or "the awesomer Jay".

I have friend who owns a bar near weems creek for what is worth.

Agree on 3 Thursday's.. Deale is only 25 min south not a big issue at all.

SuperSpy said:

Agree.

Agree. I realize I'm not going to make every meeting, so it probably is better to have a set day each month.

I agree with the regular date thing. I'll keep looking for somewhere to have our meetings. My house will be an option, but not for the next meeting. I'm not up in the Annapolis area much, but I'd be happy to visit some places and talk to some owner/managers. Any suggestions?

Superspy- beware the meat sweats...power through them and you'll be good to go for a few more weenies.

Anyone wanna throw down on a group buy yet? There's a guy in Takoma park, md that buys in bulk. A 55lb sack of 2 row is $37. most sacks are generally that price from him. I only need half of that right now though. I'm flexible on my base
Malt, let me know

Anyone wanna throw down on a group buy yet? There's a guy in Takoma park, md that buys in bulk. A 55lb sack of 2 row is $37. most sacks are generally that price from him. I only need half of that right now though. I'm flexible on my base
Malt, let me know

I'll split that with you. You pick the malt. I'll pick the hops and we'll brew a SMASH brew with my half!

Krissy, we've moved some of our discussions over to e-mail. If you message me your e-mail address then I can add you.

Hey guys, I didn't want to add this to our meeting convo so I am posting it here.

I am going to pick up some grain on Friday. The guy has some other stuff as well. Let me know if you want some or if you want to split something.

1 sack of vienna is 43.06
1 sack 2 row is 36.77
1 sack of GP(golden promise) is 51.64

$40 for 1 gallon of starsan
$3 per pound PBW

$1 per pound of carapils
$1 per pound of Melonoidin

I think that's all he has right now. Let me know by Friday and we will work something out

Any idea his source for the 2 row? I don't have a particular preference but would think transparency about it would make me more comfortable.

To anyone who's interested in joining our little club or seeing what it's all about that isn't on our email list yet, we're having a quick meeting tonight at Punks at the Annapolis Mall at ~6:30. We should be easy to find, i'll probably be standing on a table yelling at an Air Force Captain.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Latest posts

Back