Android CO2 pressure app?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venari

Reaction score
I'd like to know if there's an app on Android for setting pressure on kegs? I've tried using the tables I see on google image searches, but those don't take into account room temperature beers. I've tried searches including the key words "kegging", "carbonation", "gas pressure", "home brewing", but so far, no luck.

I'd like to punch in some of the numbers and have the app tell me what pressure to use, hose length, etc etc

I can't really refrigerate the kegs because my hydro bills are already at $900 a month, and I don't want to add to it. We've gotten used to room temp beers (not the best, but it's drinkable), except when we stick a few bottles in the fridge. I'd rather not rely on bottles in the fridge for cold beer because this is a town of alcoholics, and my family seems to invite them over every time the booze is "ready" (After corking 30 bottles of wine, they had disappeared the next day, and a large pile of empties were suddenly under the sink, and bottled beer seems to last a week after bottling at most).

I've only got the two kegs, and haven't really set them up yet, because I don't really know what hose length/gas pressure to use for warm beer.

This is what I use for pretty much everything.... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghostchilisoftware.homebrewcalculators&hl=en

It's got a carbonation feature. You just plug in how much beer you have, what temp it is and what c02 volume you want. It'll spit out how much dme, sucrose or line pressure to use to get that desired c02 vol for the volume of beer you have. It doesn't tell you how much line to use but it at least has the temperature factored in there.

I use it for strike temp and attenuation too and it's always on point.

Back