And So It Begins . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the end-of-the-year-happy-holidays-holy-$#!+ vacation has begun! I'm just about to sign off a day of "working at home" and begin the party that should end somewhere around January 3.

The only drawback right now is that my wife is having the painters in. No, really, there are three dudes in my house right now, painting some cabinets, baseboards, walls, and what not. They've been here for a couple weeks and are wrapping up today. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Oddly enough, I don't intend to brew until, maybe, January 2. We're having a big New Year's Eve shindig over here, so I need all my temperature controlled space for serving and storage. I guess I could whip up another lager, but carboys take up more space than kegs. I have plenty to get me through, though, and I'll have some good time to fire up the barbeque put and fill up the freezer. :)

So, who else is taking some time off? What plans do you have? Make us all jealous!

TL

P.S. Who wants to start a pool on when I might first post to the Drunken Ramblings board?

Sounds nice!

I'm going to guess that you've got a pretty decent tolerance, so it might take a little while for you to get your buzz on... so I'm in the pool at 2:00, Eastern time (not sure what the time difference is).

I cant wait, tommorow we have a company dinner with all four employees attending, then I am off until Jan. 2nd. Time to visit family and friends, eat, drink, and be merry.

Bah! I chewed up most of my vacation time in the summer taking the kids places. I'm one of those poor bastids that gets to work wed/thu/fri next week AND work on Monday the 31st.

I'm still going to brew 2 more times before eoy though. :rockin:

I'm ACTUALLY working from home today and "working" from home tomorrow - then off until the 2nd. I plan on doing plenty of drinking, but I have a bunch of projects too. I'm getting fairly close to having my basement project completed.

So, hoping to finish tile, doors and trim over the next week. I think it's doable.

I have to work Wed., Thurs., & Fri. next week, too. It'll be dead, so we'll be doing paperwork/busywork those days. I had the 'b/w week' off two years ago and it was nice. I'd like to do it again next year.

Fortunately, I do have NYE Monday off, so at least I get back-to back four-day weekends. I plan to brew a lager NY weekend.:rockin:

Lets see, I haven't stepped into the office since the 4th or so.....been training in Va and Co since....and I don't go back till the 3rd or something, so it's been like a month off

**** I have to work Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and what makes it Even better is I have to work nights.. Lovely I think I am going to brew again on the 29th before the UFC PPV. Merry Christmas Everyone

Baking all day to day. We have family coming over for a pre-Christmas dinner on Sunday. Everybody is getting a sample six-pack of my beer and a loaf of spent grain whole wheat bread, so I'm baking 25lbs of bread today and will stick it in the freezer. It's interesting. Some of it is going well, other parts are not going so well. Ah well, every loaf continues to be a learning experience.

I also hit my apfelwein with potassium metabisulfate and sorbate so I can refresh it with some regular cider for sweetening. That'll get simmered in a big pot with a cinnamon stick, some spiced rum and a little nutmeg.

It's all yeast, all the time in the run up to the Christmas/Festivus Feaster. I'm especially looking forward to the Airing of Grievances :D

Chad

I'm leaving today and won't be back in the office until Jan 2. I might even stay out until Jan 3 if I feel like it. God, I can't wait to get out of here.

Visiting family and friends and looking forward to a relaxing, festive holiday season.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Nada, the homebrew clubs had their parties earlier this month and I work from home. If anything, I'll be busier, as I should be getting some product shipped and that means turning on the website and verifying the various business processes.

Just got in to Ft. Myers FL yesterday afternoon. We'll be here at my folks house untill the 26 then we have to get back to Indiana and i have to go back to work (Bah). But dad just told me about a new package store they opened around here said that they have every beer you can think of, we'll se about that. Off to sit by the pool now and sip on a bass. It's they only thing they have here right now.Cheers & Happy Holidays

SWMBO has to go to work on the 24th but I don't. Saturday morning I'm heading over to the Flying Barrel and stocking up.

I plan to replace my regulator, brew a bitter, a SMaSH, a Christmas ale (Planning on drinking it in December 2008) and perhaps some Hobgoblin.

Oh, how I'm excited!

I'm just taking three days off after Christmas...but I've got plans.

Wednesday - 5 gallons of Sweet Stout
Thursday - 10 gallons of Kona Pale ALe
Friday - 10 Gallons of 60 Schilling Scottish Ale.

:ban: :ban: :ban:

For all intents and purposes, I'm off starting today until Jan 7th. I have to come in once, briefly to be sight mustered, and then again to check out on leave.

No big plans other than Christmas with the family.

I'll be brewing the 8-8-8 sometime between the 2nd and 6th of Jan. Since the wife and kids will be back at work/school on the 3rd, and it'll be just me and the youngest at home, I might try to brew up another batch of something as well.

Brewing an oatmeal stout tomorrow, working Christmas and Christmas eve (Nurse at a hospital) then leaving for Africa for 3 weeks. Come back, bottle stout and Koelsch from the secondary.

Back