and another Seattle Brewer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelson39

Reaction score
Hello all,

First off let me say that HBT is great. I’ve been a member now for a few months and this is my first post. The main reason for this is that I’ve been so busy reading/learning from all the other posts. The search feature is wonderful.

Here’s a little background on me… I’m 24, an engineer, and live in Seattle. In fact I live not far from the future location of Naked City Brewing (Brewtopia if you’re reading this expect me to stop by and introduce myself.)

As for my brewing… I’ve been at it for about 1 1/2 years. I’m an extract brewer and have close to 20 brews under my belt. Each one seems to get better and better. I love it! My current setup is a 3 gallon brew pot, plastic primary, then I rack to corny kegs (I have 6 of them and already want 6 more!). I have a kegerator that I just outfitted for 3 taps (it’s a Danby DKC645BLS and yes it can hold 3 kegs).

Thought regarding HBT so far…
1. I don’t know how people can get 1,000 posts. My guess is they say the same thing over and over.
2. I will likely become a lifetime supporter soon.
3. I want to participate in one of the brew day events, hopefully 09.09.09.
4. I think it’s so cool that I’m first on the list of “most ever users online”. Ha.
5. Now that I've made a post, I know how people do the :ban: and :mug:.

If there are any other Seattle brewers interested in meeting up to discuss brewing drop me a line. I know a bit about brewing but would love to learn more.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff,

Welcome to HBT! Come by Naked City and the first beer's on me! :mug:

This is a great community and I'm sure that you will make it to 1000 posts before you know it.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! There's a post whoring thread around here somewhere, try posting there! Don't worry about posting so much. My first few years here I barely posted at all. Now they can't ever shut me up! It's nice to know see another PNW brewer!

Are you familiar with the Puget Sound Amateur Wine and Beer Makers Club? They meet the first Friday of every month at the Federal Way Senior Center. Here's their web page: http://www.psawbc.org/ Great group of very knowledgable folks. I only recently started to attend but have picked up some great info.

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into it. I've also read a little about the North Seattle Homebrew Club, which is my area. Has anyone ever gone to any of their gatherings? Anyone a member?

Hey Jeff,

I just moved back to the area after spending a year in San Diego. I've had a hard time finding good homebrew clubs in the area but I just found a Meetup group that seems somewhat promising: http://beer.meetup.com/123/

I'd really like to find a young, active brewing community to join. Maybe we should start one if we can't find any out there.

Anyway, let me know if you want to get together and geek out about beer sometime.

~Brandon

Back