Anbody else using In-Bev hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMU

Reaction score
My brew partner picked us up 10#s of Saaz and Hallertau a few weeks ago at the old St. Louis AB location. I've got two batches in the fermenter, a Kolsch made with the Saaz, Sorachi Ace and honey, and a Vienna-In Bev Hallertau smash I brewed a couple of days ago.
Thanks to whoever it was that brought it up on HBT - otherwise we'd have never known about it. Has anybody else brewed with them yet, or in past years? What did you brew? They seemed to have some good aroma left - I wonder how many cases (truckloads?) of Bud the hops I used with my >10#s of Vienna malt would make.

I got about 10 #'s of Hallertau and ~8 #'s of Saaz from that giveaway at A-B. What a great event. Just bring in your trash bag and filler up. :mug:

Well, I finally got my electric brewery going and did a 5 gallon batch using a SMASH recipe just to see how everything worked. (Still fixing bugs.) But the first batch is ready to bottle so we'll see what happened.

14 #'s of 2 Row
2 ounces of Hallertau at 60 minutes
and another 2 ounces at 10 minutes

I'll let you know how it turns out. Looking for more recipes to use these two hops. Suggestions?

Back