American Wheat IPA with some gumball influence

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktraver97ss

Reaction score
I love Gumballhead and am lucky enough to live just an hour from FFF so I decided to try a lighter, less bitter IPA after doing Dreadnaught clone a few months ago. I took some of the ingredients I have left from other brews and put this together. Let me know what you guys think this will be like.

15g batch

15lbs pilsner malt
15lbs white wheat malt
3lbs caravienne
1lb carapils

1st wort hopping - 1oz Amarillo

1oz Warrior - 60min
1oz Citra - 60min
1oz Citra - 30min
1oz Amarillo - 30min
.5oz Citra - 15min
.5oz Amarillo - 15min
.5oz Simcoe - 15min
1oz Citra - 5min
2oz Amarillo - 5min
1oz Simcoe - 5min
2oz Amarillo - 0min
2oz Simcoe - 0min

Going to dry hop 2oz of amarillo in one carboy, simcoe in the other, and citra in the 3rd.

Planning on mashing at 153 for 60min and doing a 60 min boil.

Not sure on yeast, how would a saison yeast do with something like this? We ferment in 3 5gal carboys so i can try 3 different yeasts and we have a Wyeast saison leftover. I am somewhat new at making my own recipes and open to some constructive criticism.

Brewed this up yesterday, hit my temps, just forgot to add the irish moss so it seems a little cloudy. Thats fine with me though. I swapped the carapils for melanoidin and used regular wheat malt, not white wheat. OG was 1.058 and used white labs california yeast fermenting at about 65 degrees.

Im thinking this is going to be somewhere in between Gumball Head and Zombie Dust!

Any thoughts?

So....you live 1 hour from the FoundFootageFestival and you want gum balls in your beer.

I am SO outta here.;)

There's nothing like gummy balls to add a little fruity flavor!

What the duece is the FoundFootageFestival? lol

Back