Amber Bock Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinJack

Reaction score
Recently I have had alot of luck with clones, been playing about with cloneing some of my favorite comercial beers. Just bottled Scarecrow Pale Ale clone, and have an Winters Burbon Cask Ale clone in primary.

I want to try and go for an Amber Bock Clone. I personally love Michalobe's bock, its one of my old stand by comercials beers. From the propagand on the bottle and package I know Michalobe uses three types of malt. Rosted Amber, Roast Dark, and Caramel Malt. Along with Cluster Hops.

So I was gonna try this Partcial mash

1 lb Victory Malt
1 lb Rosted Amber Malt
1 lb Rosted dark Malt
1 lb Caramel Malt

4 lb DME (dark)

1 ounce classic cluster hops (60mins)
1 ounce classic cluster hops (30mins)
1 ounce classic cluster hops (10mins)

Target OG 1.070
Target FG 1.015 (probably closer to 1.018 in the end)

Target ABV 7% (aprox)

Ferment 14-21 days (50-55 Deg F) Primary
Ferment 14-21 days (50-55 Deg F) Secondary

anybody think I am stupid? Well on this recipe at least:drunk:

drink then in good health

Michelob??? Amber Bock??? :rolleyes:

OK, the humanitarian in me wants to help after looking at your recipe. I will admit to have tasted the beer and that recipe is going to make a muddy porter. According to AB's website the beer's OG is about 1.050, the IBUs are 19 and the hops used are Hallertau and Strisslespalt. This beer is also a lager so if you cannot lager you'll have to do a faux lager with a clean ale yeast. :mug:

Try this:

5.5 lb Light DME
.25 lb Crystal 90L
.25 lb Carafa II
.5 lb domestic Munich 20L

.5 oz Hallertau @ 60 min
.5 oz Hallertau @ 20 min

Michelob??? Amber Bock??? :rolleyes:

OK, the humanitarian in me wants to help after looking at your recipe. I will admit to have tasted the beer and that recipe is going to make a muddy porter. According to AB's website the beer's OG is about 1.050, the IBUs are 19 and the hops used are Hallertau and Strisslespalt. This beer is also a lager so if you cannot lager you'll have to do a faux lager with a clean ale yeast. :mug:

Try this:

5.5 lb Light DME
.25 lb Crystal 90L
.25 lb Carafa II
.5 lb domestic Munich 20L

.5 oz Hallertau @ 60 min
.5 oz Hallertau @ 20 min

thanks....

I'm going to try this one, but use Crystal 120 since I don't have any 90. It's my evil stepmother's favorite beer. If I can keep her lubricated with this stuff, Christmas will go much smoother. Thanks Big Ed! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back