Aluminum Pint Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
Anyone used these aluminum pint bottles Miller is selling? I'm concerned that they're not really intended for reuse but I'm interested in hearing if anyone has any first hand experience.

I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but I have heard of people reusing the budwesier aluminum bottles

i remember with other AL bottles that you need to use a bench capper... i am a kegger so i have no experience.

If you look at the "similar threads" box below you will find a few threads on using the aluminum bud bottles...in fact Pirate252's thread, the first one, has great pics of sandblasted, beadblasted and powdercoated bottles that look really cool.

The only problem with using bud or miller bottles, would be in actually having to drink the beer inside first, though I'd drink the miller over bud anytime. :D

I think they are regular pop tops, iirc, so I think any capper can be used. But it's been awhile since I read those threads.

Ahh revvy - apparently you've always been too classy to drink a 40. The screw tops on 40's aren't like the screw tops on 12 oz BMC's

Shoulda provided a link...

MillerLite.jpg

from http://www.packworld.com/package-26988

Don't think a bench capper would do a whole lotta good...

No but I have reused the Mountain Dew aluminum bottles and they are good. Granted I only have about 3 of these and use them for those special back road occasions.

I'm planning to bottle a batch of Porter tomorrow and pounded one of these suckers just now out of the same curiosity. I like to go to a number of events throughout the year that allow you to bring your own alcohol, but no glass.

I'll let you know in 1 1/2 to 2 weeks whether it can hold the carbonation. I'm simply reusing the screw top that came with the aluminum pint as I don't think there is anything one can buy commercially that will fit this bottle.

I got 16 of the St. Pats day Bud and Bub Light aluminum bottles from my local Beef 'O' Brady's. Regular caps work fine. No, I didn't drink them, or even one for that matter. Just remember to always be nice to your bartender. I'll have to look into that sand blasting thread since they are painted.

I hate to revive a dead topic but what about bud light pints. They had pry off lids and someone just gave me 18 of em, thinking it would work with quality press caps. They are aluminum too so I know I won't care about any off favors.

Back