Michigan ALLEY BREW! Black Bottom Brew Club's Public Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgingHopster

Reaction score
Public Brew Day~Drink & Draw~Open Mic

B3 ALLEY BREW is back! Come and brew one up with us!

As always, local Detroit artists of all kinds, as well as farmers and artisans are welcome to display and sell their art or products commission free. Our club's monthly craft beer brewing workshop features an all-day demonstration of the all-grain brewing process from start to finish. We'll be making a batch of 'Hastings Street Ballroom Bitter' ESB.

Brew Schedule:
10AM Flame on
11AM Mash
12PM Sparge and lauter
1PM Boil
2PM Chill and pitch yeast

Community Activities:

1PM-2PM Mary Gagnon hosts Doodle Bugs Creative Workshop. Join us for a mixed media art workshop for children of all ages from. Come dressed for a creative mess!

3PM-8PM Beirgarten, Makers Market, Open-Mic, Fire Pit and B3 club beer tasting and Drink & Draw.

3PM Open mic and jam session
5PM Musical guest Precious Ryder
6PM Musical guest Detroit Poetry Society

Black Bottom Brew Club samples will be available. (Feel free to BYOBeer for sharing)

'UnDaunted'
Imperial Stout 10.5% ABV
Batch A (Burton Ale yeast)
Batch B (Safale S-04)

Also available,
'Moon of Moqua'
Michigan Maple sap Belgian Strong Dark Ale.
This complex Trappist style BSDA is made with straight maple sap. The sap is collected from the tree in the early spring and used to mash and sparge the six different malts in this beer. This batch was brewed in March of 2015 and bottled in 750ML Belgian style bottles in March 2016. It's krausen conditioned with the same yeast and aged to perfection. This beer is an old world ale experience you won't want to miss.

B3 welcomes new members and offers it's club's home brewery system for member's use at our monthly club meet-ups. All you have to do is join and book the home-brewery.

https://www.facebook.com/events/315886365445341/

14516532_1281798421870425_4813228783571295331_n.jpg

11817017_1046639628687285_382241170269389398_n.jpg

Maybe you could sing some Men At Work! :fro:

Loved that band!

Oh, you KNOW I can do a right proper job of Colin Hay's stuff!

"Jump down the shelter, to get away! The boys are cockin' up their guns.
No surface noise now, not much to say. They got the bad guys on the run."

Actually, now that I'm paying attention, I don't see the date of this event on the post. Probably on the FB page, but I haven't checked that out.

Back