All hail KegConnection!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
I know, I know... another thread blowing smoke up Todd Burns' arse. But (like all the others) it's justified.

Back in January, I was granted a budget from our impending tax return to build a kegerator. Not knowing what I was going to be building, I opted for a four picnic tap system, contacted Todd, got a quote. They were running a 10% off sale for the superbowl at the time, but even without that discount, the price was great. So I told Todd I'd be sure to snag them, as soon as the government sent us our refund.

By the time it showed up a month later, the sale was over - but Todd stood by his original quote, and gave me the discount anyway. And a free 10lb tank upgrade they were doing at the time as well.

Wha wha Whaaaaa?

So impressed was I, that I tacked on Perlick taps for the build I'd finally settled on - a five tap keezer. Everything arrived in really short order - and here's where my current love for Keg Connection lies.

I finally finished my keezer this week. It's been a pain to build - I'd forgotten how unforgiving wood can be. But she looks great, and I'm happy with the way it came out. But there was a problem... when I pulled the shiny new Perlicks out of their boxes to install them, I noticed one of them had a bent lever. Like, badly bent. Like, not able to seal at ALL bent. I hooked it up anyways, just to test, and went from tap to tap with a keg of starsan to clean the lines, and test for leaks. Sure enough, the jankey faucet wouldn't seal - and I discovered another one of them wouldn't seal properly either, despite reseating the o-ring, cinching down the lever nut, etc.

So I shot Keg Connection an email last night, more in hope than anything else. I mean, no store would deal with this sort of thing, where the faucets were ordered over three months ago, right? What's to say I haven't been using it from day one, and had taken to driving over them in my car, or beating on them with a baseball bat? My own stupid fault for just leaving everything in their boxes until I got around to the build. Any store would just tell me "Sorry for your troubles, but you bought these back in February, and at this point it's too late to send them back", right?

Wrong-o!

Here's the email I got from Todd this morning:

Gary:
Absolutely, just send them back with a copy of this email printed out and in the box and we will get some replacements out. Please don't forget to put the copy of the email in the box or we will have no idea why they are being sent back. Also, please write your complete return address on the copy of the email so we will have the address to return the replacements.

Thanks,
Todd
I mean, come ON!!!

I was planning on going as cheap as possible for a portable build I'm going to start for the Summer - scouring ebay and Craigslist for parts, but this guarantees I'll be buying new and going back to Todd for everything.

Anyways, just a heads up. In a time when companies are all about making as much as they can for as little as they can, when buying anything, even online, makes you think "Wow, that was more expensive than I thought" it's nice to know there's still some businesses out there who stand by what they sell, and take care of their customers. I know there's lots of awesome shops associated with HBT, I've bought from most of them, and think they all rock. But when it comes to kegging gear, I REALLY can't say enough great things about these guys.

Ive only used Keg Connection for the small amount of parts Ive used for my 2 tapper, their prices are great and their service is fantastic.

+1000 to buying again from them

+1

My three tap, perlick, all stainless configuration was purchased from them for my recent keezer build. I was able to build a custom setup and still have great pricing. It was nice to find a small business with great customer service (but they do get busy at times) and has everything I need in the keg-to-faucet arena. On their website they mention if you have a problem, they will make it right. I can attest that is the case; they made sure everthing I needed was correct. In addition, shipping times were very good and dependable. I have had to call back to get a response on a question after a day or two; but I just hope that means they were on the phone helping other brewers! :mug:

Last time I ordered from them, they sent me one of those Firestone Challenger kegs and the co2 dip tube (plastic) was all bent where it seals. I sent them an email hoping they could at least send me a new one but they never even got back to me.

I know I won't be ordering from them again. Two out of the three kegs I bought from them don't even seal that well without copious amounts of keg lube on the lid o-ring.

i ordered from them maybe about a month ago now, just got everything installed on my keezer, i'll be testing the system this weekend to see how it all is. but so far i have had a good experience with them. Now ijust need to order the perlicks, i couldn't figure out how to upgrade my order to them. :(

i ordered from them maybe about a month ago now, just got everything installed on my keezer, i'll be testing the system this weekend to see how it all is. but so far i have had a good experience with them. Now ijust need to order the perlicks, i couldn't figure out how to upgrade my order to them. :(

Should have given them a call, they are a great help over the phone customizing things.

First order: Two tap system detailed in the link in my sig. They took three different Visa gift cards as partial payment, then PayPal for the balance.

Second order: Two more kegs, and CO2 hoses & customized air distributor to connect to my original one giving me a 5-way split.

Five-Stars for KegConnection.com!

Alright, maybe they're not perfect after all - I finally got around to reconditioning the kegs I got from them as part of my package, both turned out to be Firestones with the plastic gas tube, and both were unusable since the threads on the posts being shot. :(

I figure I've harassed Todd enough in terms of customer service, plus the sending them back would cost more than just replacing them. Ah well.

Back