All Grain Partial Boil for Cream of 3 crops Recipie 10 gallons makes 15 gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Marsh_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I am planning on making BeirMuncher's Cream of Three Crops beer (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=66503) for a stag party at the end of June, and I want to make a LOT of it.

I use two Guiness keggles for a BK and MLT, which are 13gal (50L). and have successfully made many 10 gal batches with these. However, I was thinking about upping the grain bill and topping off with water in the fermenter to make 15 gal at a time.

I think that I can use the MLT for 15gal partial because at a 1.3 strike I can fit around 30lbs of grain using 1.3qt/lb strike water.

I have read through the threads and know that partial AG boils can and are done, so I don't need links to that or to hear the drawbacks of it. What i would like to know is how much should I compensate during the boil for hops and grain for a 5 gal increase to hit my OG of 1.040-1.045? and the right IBU's once I add the water to the fermenter.

Also, I use a 32gal primary fermenter, and 5gal corny kegs, so it'd be a whole batch in the primary and then split into cornies for the secondary and kegging.

Thanks for any help and advice for this.

-- BMB

Back