• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kansas All-Grain Equipment - HLT, MLT & Stout Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilconrad

Reaction score
I'm upgrading to a single-tier brew stand and am selling my current AG setup. 3 vessels are for sale as a package, retail value of this stuff is $600, I'm asking $400. I brew 5gal batches on this setup using 10g coolers which allows you to brew big beers, etc. The kettle is only 9gal, so you can't use this setup for 10g batches. If you're looking to make the jump up to All-grain, this is what you need to get started!

Due to size/cost, I don't want to try to ship this stuff, so local pickup only (I'm in Kansas City). I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it, so don't want to part it out at this point either, looking to sell the whole setup.

HLT
The Hot Liquor tank is a 10g Rubbermaid Cooler with a brass valve, 3/8 hose barb and a polycarbonate sight glass which is graduated at 1/4 gal increments and labeled at gallon increments. Also includes a 3/8 high-temp hose and a "siphon sprayer" to fan the sparge water.
HLT_zps1d2bd794.jpg

MLT
The Mash/Lauter Tun is also a 10g Rubbermaid cooler with a stainless false bottom purchased from Northern Brewer. It includes valve and 1/2" hose barb as shown in the pic.
MLT_zps344f1992.jpg

MLT_Inside_zpse7457203.jpg

Together, the HLT & MLT are pretty much the same as the 10g All Grain equipment kit that NB sells for $250 + $20 shipping:
Link to NB All Grain Kit

Kettle
A 9.2g Stainless Steel Kettle with Thermowell & Thermometer from Stout Tanks & Kettles. It's sanitary TIG welded and comes with a 3/4" Triclamp ball valve, 2 Triclamp PTFE gaskets & clamps, and a 1/2" Triclamp Hose Barb. Also includes a thermometer that threads into the thermowell (so the thermometer does not directly contact the wort). This retails for $289 + $40 shipping.
Kettle_zps3c698962.jpg

For an extra $40, I'll also throw in a copper immersion chiller I built to fit the kettle. It's 25' of 1/2 copper tubing with garden hose fittings; $40 pretty much just covers cost of the materials.
KettleChiller_zps2455c6b7.jpg

Back