AliExpress Refractometers (China direct)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildernessBrewing

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has gotten their refractometer directly from China using a site like AliExpress? I've ordered quite a few items via AliExpress before, and have always been satisfied (ignoring the expected 2 weeks+ delivery time). Most of the Refractometers listed on Ali are Brix only, but that conversion is pretty simple before fermentation. The reason I ask this question in the first place, is that the prices range from $14-$20 on the low end of the spectrum with free international shipping pretty solid average reviews. I figure basically all of the Refractometers resold here in the states probably come from the same handful of Chinese manufacturers.

Thoughts? Maybe I should just buy one and see how it is.

I'm curious if anyone has gotten their refractometer directly from China using a site like AliExpress? I've ordered quite a few items via AliExpress before, and have always been satisfied (ignoring the expected 2 weeks+ delivery time). Most of the Refractometers listed on Ali are Brix only, but that conversion is pretty simple before fermentation. The reason I ask this question in the first place, is that the prices range from $14-$20 on the low end of the spectrum with free international shipping pretty solid average reviews. I figure basically all of the Refractometers resold here in the states probably come from the same handful of Chinese manufacturers.

Thoughts? Maybe I should just buy one and see how it is.
most of them are all from the same manufactuer... the ones sold by the popular homebrewing catalog suppliers for $70 are the exact same as the ones on ebay and amazon for $20-30 so I'm willing to bet they are also the same "ATC" ones sold on aliexpress.. They just have different scales on them. there is a thread from a few days ago that discusses it as well.

Latest posts

Back