Alcohol Math Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Towers

Reaction score
Ok, So this question doesn't involve home brew, but store bought beer. When I buy beer, I usually buy Yuengling. My local stores usually have 16oz cans for $1 and contains the usual 4.5% alcohol. Lately one of my stores has run out of the 16oz cans so I tried the Bud Light Lime-a-rita, which is only 8oz, but has 8% alcohol. My goal is usually to get a pretty good buzz/drunk going and being of Viking decent I have a natural high tolerance. I can usually drink about 9-12 of the 16oz Yuenglings before I call it a night. However, I was thinking that since the Bud Light Lime-a-ritas are 1/2 the size with 2x the alcohol they'd be equivalent to my regular beer. Tonight I went and bought 8 of them. I have since finished them and am WAY less buzzed than I would normally be. Have I done my alcohol math wrong?

Screw math. Drink this.

firefly_moonshine_whitelightning__16202.1367963604.1280.1280.jpg

Could it be something to do with additional sugar in the Lime-a-ritas? Did you eat an especially filling meal today?

No, your math is right. Where you went wrong is drinking Yeungling and Lime-a-rita!

Ba-dum-tish!

I like draft Yeungling, but something tastes "off" about those tallboy cans.

Back