Air line for fluid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMonti

Reaction score
So, I have been holding on to this air line and fittings for about 7 years now. I wonder if I could use it for my brewing rig? It is from Ingersoll Rand. It looks like the literature has changed since the last time I saw it. I grabbed a fitting and checked it with my magnet from a hard drive and could not get it to pull. I assume that means my fittings are stainless. This stuff just goes together with these compression fittings.

Does anyone think this is a good or bad idea?

This is the link to the stuff.
http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/IS/Product.aspx-am_en-33036

Product PDF
"Simplair SL is a unique round aluminum extrusion, anodized to prevent corrosion..."
Different website search for anodized aluminum
"According to manufacturers, anodization seals aluminum so that the metal cannot leach into food. Anodized aluminum shouldn't react to acidic foods, so you can theoretically use these pots and pans for preparing rhubarb and sauces with tomato, wine or lemon juice - ingredients that you shouldn't cook in traditional aluminum pots."

So, if you'd cook with aluminum cookware, this should be at least equally safe.

Back