AIH kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Fib

Reaction score
Adventures in homebrewing has 5 gal ball locks on sale for $75 that are new. Anyone have any idea on the quality? They are made in China but the site has great reviews on them. If anyone has them how do you like them? Any issues with seals or durability?

Over the last year or two I have bought 4 of these kegs. No issues and they look/feel like good quality kegs. If you wonder why I purchased these over used kegs or from other suppliers--I prefer new equipment and I like the double rubber handles over the metal handles.
A little plug for AIH, they ship fast and are reliable.

I've got one and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.
I think it's better quality than the Torpedo keg from Morebeer that I have.

I have had 1 for years and just bought 2 more when they had the 13% off last week. Not a bad thing to say about the kegs.

I currently have 4 AIH kegs and just ordered 2 more, they are well made and I've never had any complaints about their performance. Definitely worth the price, especially when they go on sale!

Also only good things to say. I bought four in the first round, and bought two more. At $75 new, these are a great buy.

Brew on :mug:

I have 6 and they are solid and nice. I especially like the last two I bought. The lids on those have a metal clip spot welded to the inside that will be very useful the next time I want to dry hop. I like to put my dry hops in a bag and suspend it about halfway down.

Adventures in homebrewing has 5 gal ball locks on sale for $75 that are new. Anyone have any idea on the quality? They are made in China but the site has great reviews on them. If anyone has them how do you like them? Any issues with seals or durability?

I'm about thirty batches in on a few of them. Probably the best deal in homebrewing. Easy to disassemble and clean. Changed orings for my own peace of mind. They probably would still be good. Only downside is they are in fact not American made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two from AIH and six from Austin Homebrew Supply (same owner). No issues with any of the eight and would definitely buy them again.

Back