AHS Belgian Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcwilcr

Reaction score
I am not sure exactly how recently this kit was released or if it has been released before but I'm curious if anyone has tried it? I just ordered one anyway because I love Belgians and I love Stouts but to my knowledge I've never tried a Belgian Stout.

well I did some digging today and it looks like this is the first time Wyeast has ever released the 1581-PC Belgian Stout strain so now I know the answer to half of my question above but am more curious than ever to see how this kit is going to turn out.

I saw that they were offering this as a special edition. I'm curious about it too, since I'm a MAJOR stout fan! I'd like to get it just to have the limited edition yeast strain. Let us know how it is. If it's real good, wash your yeast and send me some!!

I definitely plan on washing this yeast even if I'm not that keen on the way the kit turns out. If you are serious about getting some of the yeast I'm sure we could work something out.

I definitely plan on washing this yeast even if I'm not that keen on the way the kit turns out. If you are serious about getting some of the yeast I'm sure we could work something out.

I'd be happy to pay for shipping.. Just let me know!

Got the kit in the mail yesterday. Will probably be brewing up this recipe this weekend. If I cant have a homebrewed stout of St. Patrick's day I might as well brew one in celebration.

Got the kit in the mail yesterday. Will probably be brewing up this recipe this weekend. If I cant have a homebrewed stout of St. Patrick's day I might as well brew one in celebration.

I'm brewing an Imperial Irish Stout on St. Pattys Day! :ban:

Stone released a Belgo version of their Imperial Russian Stout last year that was pretty good. Locally, Great Divide has a Belgo version of Yeti that is fantastic. You could try and find one of those to give you an idea what a Belgo stout tastes like.

Philip_T said:
Stone released a Belgo version of their Imperial Russian Stout last year that was pretty good. Locally, Great Divide has a Belgo version of Yeti that is fantastic. You could try and find one of those to give you an idea what a Belgo stout tastes like.

Actually I have had the Belgian yeti and I loved it! Totally forgot aboht it but they did a yeti sampler thing at brewers republic. Thanks for the reminder!

UPDATE: Bottled yesterday. finished a little bit high (1.016) which is one of the reasons I let it sit so long but I think it is because I got a bit more of the unfermentables out of the steeping grains than they expect in their calculations since my OG was high by about the same percentage. Should be washing the yeast and mixing vials for the freezer today and tomorrow.

Stauffbier, if you're interested in arranging something PM me.

Thanks for creating this thread. Looking forward to the results. Im a big fan of the AHS kits.

UPDATE: Bottled yesterday. finished a little bit high (1.016) which is one of the reasons I let it sit so long but I think it is because I got a bit more of the unfermentables out of the steeping grains than they expect in their calculations since my OG was high by about the same percentage. Should be washing the yeast and mixing vials for the freezer today and tomorrow.

Stauffbier, if you're interested in arranging something PM me.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if maybe we could work a trade for a bottle or two. I recently bottled a batch of AHS's Stone brewing Russian Imperial Stout. PM me if you're interested...if not, no biggy. Cheers!

Back