Ah, Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maybenaut

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just cracked open my first bottle from my first batch in 15 years. Made an American Amber from Brewers Best ingredient kit. When I bottled, I had a little left over from a 5 gal. batch after filling 48 12oz bottles, so I put the last little bit in a 20oz plastic coke bottle. That's what I opened today, and split with my husband. Nice carbonation -rich head, and very smooth flavor. My husband thinks it's great; I think it tastes pretty good, but it's a little green yet, so we're going to give it another week in the bottles. But overall I'm very, very happy I took this hobby up again.

Maybenaut said:
Just cracked open my first bottle from my first batch in 15 years. Made an American Amber from Brewers Best ingredient kit. When I bottled, I had a little left over from a 5 gal. batch after filling 48 12oz bottles, so I put the last little bit in a 20oz plastic coke bottle. That's what I opened today, and split with my husband. Nice carbonation -rich head, and very smooth flavor. My husband thinks it's great; I think it tastes pretty good, but it's a little green yet, so we're going to give it another week in the bottles. But overall I'm very, very happy I took this hobby up again.

Well... Glad to have you back brewing! Cheers!

Congrats. I just dragged my equipment out of the attic after 19 years away from brewing and have two batches fermenting. What brought me back was the ability to keg my beer instead of having to bottle it and, more importantly, the financial ability to buy a kegerator and related equipment. The wait is killing me though. Might have to start a third batch this weekend so I have plenty in the pipeline going forward.

I'd love to keg (and lager) but we have limited space so I don't have room for the refrigeration. So I'm stuck with bottling for the moment. It's OK, though. One nice thing about bottling is I can always give it away if it's taking up too much room. I can brew a new flavor every week and I'm not stuck with the two or three I have on tap, so there's that.

NivekD said:
Nice...brewin' your own is so much more satisfying.

I agree and drinking your own brew is icing on the cake!

Cheers to brewing again after a "short" break.

Back