Aging your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicis

Reaction score
Now that I have 4 secondary's with Belgian Ale in them, how should I age them? I plan to keg them so two months in the secondary and one month in the kegs under co2 and refridge? They are now temp controlled @ 65 F.

To rephrase the question, do you age the beer in the keg or the secondary?

If youre kegging them then the time aged really doesnt matter (in the long term effect) if you naturally carbonated the beer then you would have to do less than 6 months for the yeast to still be useable. Since you are kegging however why not do it in intervals? How big is your ale? Maybe do half in the time you wanted and give the other half even more time to age .

Now that I have 4 secondary's with Belgian Ale in them, how should I age them? I plan to keg them so two months in the secondary and one month in the kegs under co2 and refridge? They are now temp controlled @ 65 F.

no idea....it all depends on what type of belgian ale....Belgian ales run the gamut from Wit (ready to drink in 1-2 weeks) to BGSA/BDSAs that need months...

3 months in secondary for a 7.5% is a bit excessive, but then again 1/3 of that is cold which really slows down aging/maturation. I'd be looking to drink this in one month, it if were me.

Back