Aging after dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravityspiral

Reaction score
I have a batch that I'm going to dry hop to serve at a party. I know that it won't all get used, and the rest will likely get consumed slowly by me over the next few months after that.

My question is, after a few months pass and the dry hop aroma is gone, will I basically be left with what I would have had, if I'd never dry hopped at all? Or will there be any lingering off-flavors as a result of dry hopping that has been allowed to fade?

If you are kegging and dry hop in that vessel you can just leave the hop sack in there and gain hop character with age. If you're bottling then it'll fade over a few months but prob not fast enough to notice a difference bottle to bottle. Kyle

If you are kegging and dry hop in that vessel you can just leave the hop sack in there and gain hop character with age. If you're bottling then it'll fade over a few months but prob not fast enough to notice a difference bottle to bottle. Kyle

I always leave my dry hop in for the life of the keg. Never an issue, and the hops flavor is great all the way through to the final pour.

Back